Saturday 24 November 2007

Wanderings?

Wanderings around the world of photographic moments in time. Well, that's a pretentious start.

Wanderings, because finding a direction is always difficult for me.

Moments in time, because that is all there is. Some are memorable some are not. The moments I talk about maybe glimpses of a shadow on a wall or the way light falls on something. Perhaps the detail in an otherwise uninteresting object, a juxtaposition of colours or something remarkable in nature. I see many things worth capturing, things that I am sure no one else has noticed.

Photographic, because when I see a "moment", I want to capture it. I see the world in graphic terms of light, shade, form and colour. Photography allows me to steal those things and keep them for myself (and others too).

I don't get hung up on the technical nitty gritty of photography. I know how to get the best out of my cameras, I understand all that technical stuff. However, the image is paramount; I take the picture, my eyes, my brain, my heart - the camera just records it.

IMG_2940

No comments: