Sunday 25 November 2007

Judging images as successful.

How does one know if an image is successful? What is successful anyway?

Of course art is subjective and what I like is no indication of what someone else would like. Is success sales? Or having a high profile as photographic artist? Or being popular? Or just that feeling one gets when you know you got it just right?

Well out of the images I have sold there are several that I would never have bought myself. "But what do I know?" is a question that I often ask of myself. Funnily, I guess I must know something, because I took the picture myself didn't I?

I believe I produce Art images, saleable images, covetable and hangable images.

clem study

Above is a Fine Art flower study, that is one of my most popular and below is another that is also very popular.

Couldn't be more different - the addage "Never the twain shall meet" seems to apply.

No comments: